NYSERDA is offering On-The-Job Training (OJT) Funding for candidates hired to fill new job openings. On-the-Job Training (OJT) funding is available for new workers to develop job skills related to their occupation. For the new hire, the desired candidate may begin his or her employment at any time after the date of the award letter is issued to the business. To be eligible to apply for funding Applicants must be a business (public or private, for-profit or not-for-profit) that has a current Partnership Agreement or contract agreement with NYSERDA, (for example, Home Performance Program Contractors, FlexTech contractors, Multifamily Performance Program Partners, EmPower Contractors, Clean Energy Training Partners, etc.), and whose partnership/contract status is in good standing.
OJT Program Overview:
• Available on first-come, first-served basis. OJT Contracts must be developed with training outlines, and signed, before newly hired candidates' physically start work.
• Applicants can receive a maximum of $10,000/newly hired employee for a six-month period, and up to a maximum of $50,000 per Applicant (for five hires) for partial reimbursement of the trainee’s wages. Businesses must provide a 50 percent match.
• In some cases, incumbent employees may be eligible for OJT to, for example, learn supervisory skills.
• An additional $4,000 per trainee can be used by Applicants for NYSERDA-approved training support that is not available on-site.
• Applicants choose a candidate for hire, work with CDO Workforce to design an OJT program, and complete the application for OJT funding that will be submitted to NYSERDA. A contract is then developed between the Business and NYSERDA.
• OJT must be for a full-time job opportunity, occur at a physical business location in NYS, and the Applicant must be willing to assure that the intention in participating is for the newly-hired employee to remain employed with the business upon completion of the OJT.
For more information and OJT Application forms please contact the CDO Workforce's Business Services at 607-432-4800 x 103